14/3/13

IELTS SPEAKING PART II ANALYSIS AND EXAMPLE 1

1.      Describe smt you own which is very important to you.
Where from?
How long have you got it?
What do you use it for?
Why it is important to you?

Task Fulfillment
Well, I’ll start the ball rolling by touching on the matter of the most significant things that I have owned in my life and where I got it from. Beyond your expectation, maybe, they are the rubber gloves that my husband gave me as his proposal items after two years of dating, about 3 years ago, I guess.  Honestly speaking, I was totally into him, by which I mean I laid such a huge belief in his statement that the gloves were a greater symbol than a ring.
Moving onto the next point, I have been keeping the pair of gloves in the basement for such a long time. In fact, they have not been used for my chores since I’m kind of the person, who often hangs on to old memories and I would like to store my best marriage gift in a safe place.
Finally, if time permits, I would really like to highlight their crucial role after I walked down the aisle with my husband. Perhaps, they may not be something rare or precious, however in my point of view, the gift is of high sentimental value as it creates durable bonds between us. 


Analysis:

1. Coherence and cohesiveness: 
-Connective features: I'll start the ball rolling by touching on the matter of ..........(+N)
                                 Beyond your expectation, maybe, 
                                 Honestly speaking,
                                 Moving onto the next point,
                                 In fact
                                 Since
                                 Finally, if time permits
                                 Perhaps
                                 however
2. Grammar: Superlative (twice) the most significant-my best marriage gift (proposal gift to be more exact)
                    Past tense in the first and third paragraphs, present perfect continuous in the second one. 
3. Vocabulary: significant, proposal, symbol, chores, to hang on to old memories (idiom), crucial, rare and precious, of high sentimental value, durable bonds. 

                   

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét