15/3/13

A guide on Ielts Speaking Part II, an analysis attached



Speaking Ielts Part 2
Đề bài thường được chia làm các loại chính sau đây:
1.      Nói về một điều gì/sự kiện/một khoảng thời gian nào đó
Eg: the thing that made you frustrated, the most substantial experience, hay the greatest happiness in your life.

A.     Examier hòan toàn không quan tâm tới the greatest happiness hay hardships/obstacles trong cuộc đời bạn. Điều họ quan tâm nhất là

*Các câu hỏi loại này thường khá đau đầu với thí sinh và đôi khi việc chuẩn bị hoàn toàn theo các suggestions trong tờ handout được phát. Vì vậy, bạn hoàn toàn có thể brainstorm theo cách sau:
                         
-Time+Place/Location ở khổ 1
-Background/People involved/activities ở khổ 2
-Significance ở khổ 3

Vấn đề đỉểm cao hay thấp không được xác định ở việc bạn có trả lời theo các câu hỏi đề ra trong tờ handout hay không, mà nằm ở việc câu trả lời cảu bạn có bị lạc đề hay không, có súc tích và mạch lạc hay không? Ngay trong tờ handout vẫn thường có một note: “You should say”, điều này nghĩa là bạn không nhất thiết phải theo phần suggestion của họ.

*Loại đề thi thường tập trung vào một điều bạn từng trải qua, vậy bạn có sử dụng được các thời điển hình như HTHThành, Quá khứ đơn, hoặc câu điều kiện loại 3 (trái với một sự kiện trọng QK) hay không? Có sử dụng được so sánh nhất, so sánh hơn, các cụm từ hay không (eg. To be ỉnterested in/to be fond of/to be inclined to do smt/to be refrained from doing smt)

*Với loại đề này, các loại từ vựng dùng để miêu tả được tận dụng khá nhiều, vậy liệu bạn có sử dụng được academic words/terms nào không. Ví dụ cụ thể sẽ được miêu tả trong câu trả lời sau:

Describe the most memorable event in your life.
Well, I suppose I should commence with the first aspect which is about the nature of the event. Beyond your expectation, maybe, the most unforgettable time in my life’s apparently not the wedding anniversary or the birth of my first child, but my first love break-up.

Moving onto the location and time of the event, as far as I can recall, it was on a rainy day in November four years ago when my boyfriend asked me out and revealed that he had been suffering from my frequent complaints about my future career promotion and new job opportunities. Honestly speaking, if he had not disclosed that truth, I could never have known what had been in his mind. Admittedly, everything collapsed; the perfect inspiration and mutual understanding which had been long established between us became nothing.
Finally, if there’s time, I’d like to highlight the fact that although I’m not kind of the person who often hangs on to old memories, since I just live for the here and now, I think my first lover did teach me a lesson: you must understand someone before deciding to love him.

Rõ ràng đây là một bài nói với một chủ đề lựa chọn rất khó để khai triển advanced grammar và advanced vocabulary. Tuy vậy, có thể nhìn thấy cách lựa chọn “cài” ngữ pháp và từ vựng của người nói như sau:

Đoạn 1:

Well, I suppose I should commence with the first aspect which is about the nature of the event. Beyond your expectation, maybe, the most unforgettable time in my life’s apparently not the wedding anniversary or the birth of my first child, but my first love break-up.

So sánh nhất:  the most unforgettable time
Từ vựng: commence (thay cho từ start), apparently/definitely (thay cho clearly)
Từ liên kết: Well, I suppose I should commence with the first aspect which is about; Beyond your expectation, maybe,;

Đoạn 2:

Moving onto the location and time of the event, as far as I can recall, it was on a rainy day in November four years ago when my boyfriend asked me out and revealed that he had been suffering from my frequent complaints about my future career promotion and new job opportunities. Honestly speaking, if he had not disclosed that truth, I could never have known what had been in his mind. Admittedly, everything collapsed; the perfect inspiration and mutual understanding which had been long established between us became nothing.

Ngữ pháp: thời quá khứ đơn, quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn (had been suffering from), câu điều kiện loại 3 (if he had not disclosed the truth, I could never have known what had been in his mind”, quá khứ hoàn thành bị động (which had been long established).
Từ vựng: reveal, career promotion, inspiration, mutual understanding, establish.
 Từ liên kết: Moving onto the location and time of the event;

1 nhận xét: